Super Bowl August 18th
Notes: MTA 88 Trooper Bowl Committee meeting with Southside Bowling Lanes
Location: 17325 Virginia Ave. Hagerstown, Md. 21740
Are you an MTA lodge 88 member and have an event, product or service to advertise? You can advertise on this site and it's FREE! Contact Contact us for more details »
On May 3, 2019, at 1:00 pm Charlie West, Allen Swope – Chairman, and Dan Seiler met with the Southside Bowl Manager. We discussed the details of the MTA 88 Super Bowl fundraiser for the benefit of the Trooper Death Relief Fund. The date of the event was set for Sunday, August 18, 2019, starting at 1:00 pm. (We could have a second bowling flight that starts at 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm if needing.)
The following points are noted from this meeting.
- The capacity for the building is 350 people during one bowling event.
- The price we should charge as suggested by the bowling alley manager was $20 a person. There was some disagreement about the price and further discussion is needed before the final decision is made.
- During the event, it was suggested that we have several 50/50 raffles of donated gifts.
- The cost to the Lodge for each game that is bowled is $1.00 or $3.00 a person for a 3 game set.
- We need to create an application or registration form and require payment when turning in the form.
- No more than four (4) people on a single bowling lane.
- Pay in advance should be considered a nonrefundable donation
- We are permitted to put up posters anywhere at the Bowling Alley.
- The Southside Bowling Alley has 12 ten pin and 24 duckpin lanes.
- When people come to the event the management will assign a bowling lane as that comes in. We should encourage attendees to pre-pay early but also welcome walk-in participants.
- Chinese raffle was suggested by management.
- Management also suggested that we could go to the Dollar Store and purchase inexpensive door prizes.
- Management also suggested that we contact Aladdin’s trophy shop in Funkstown, Md.
Meeting ended at about 2:00 pm.