M.T.A. Lodge 88 Minutes
May 14th, 2019
Barrack “O” Hagerstown, MD
In attendance: (12) President G. Baker, Treasurer D. Seiler, Secretary R. Shaffer, Denise Keller, Charlie West, Allen Swope, Joe George
Are you an MTA lodge 88 member and have an event, product or service to advertise? You can advertise on this site and it's FREE! Contact Contact us for more details »
This meeting was held at the Hagerstown Barrack, called to order by President Baker at 6:12 pm.
- The Hagerstown Barrack open house and the recruiting event will take place on Saturday, June 1st, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The barrack troopers are paying for some vendors out of pocket. Barrack Commander Joe George attended and asked Lodge 88 to put some funds aside in case they will be needed to assist with purchases for things such as tables and food. Treasurer Seiler made a motion to put $500 aside into a temporary contingency fund to help with this event. 2nd by President Baker. Passed by unanimous approval.
- The upcoming Trooper Bowling event to increase money in the death fund was discussed. It will be held on August 18th at 1 P.M. Allen Swope made a motion to set the price at $40/15 for groups and singles. 2nd by D. Seiler. Passed by unanimous approval.
Vice President’s Report:
- Nothing to report.
Working Fund: $4,155.00
Death Fund: $2,730.00
Community Fund: $3,582.94
- Nothing to report
Good of the Order:
- The family summer picnic will be held on June 11th at the Potomac Fish and Game club pavilion at 5 P.M.
- The annual River Meeting will be held on July 30th at “Cecil’s Place” at the Potomac Fish and Game Club. This is an event for associates and members-only.
- President Baker advised that it is possible to schedule a future meeting at Sardis’ Restaurant in Halfway. He was able to secure a price of $10 per plate.
A motion was made by President Baker to adjourn, second by S. Ciccarelli. The meeting adjourned at 6:20 pm.
Next MTA Lodge 88 Meeting: The next meeting will be waived for the family picnic at the Potomac Fish and Game Club.
Respectfully submitted by Secretary R. Shaffer