M.T.A. Lodge 88 Minutes
February 12, 2019
Barrack “O” Hagerstown, MD
In attendance: (10) President G. Baker, Treasurer D. Seiler, S. Lipinski, D. Keller, D. Cardwell, C. West, T. Hovermale. E. Burne, A.Swope, R. Narrion.
This meeting, held at the Hagerstown Barrack, was called to order by President Baker at 6:00 pm. Reading of January minutes waived after a motion from Treasurer D. Seiler, second by A Swope.
- Fundraisers are being discussed to replenish the Death Relief Fund, possible ideas include a movie night at Leitersburg Cinemas, Bowling Tournament, and Bingo.
- The Hagerstown Barracks is beginning to participate with the Washington County Sherriff’s Office to hold a local annual awards ceremony, The Lodge is exploring ideas to participate and present an MTA Member of the year awards to both active and retired lodge members. A committee will be formed to explore the logistics and requirements for the awards.
- Rich Narrion made a motion for the Lodge to sponsor a table at the Maryland State Police Alumni Association’s Road Dawg Rumble on April 5th, 2019. Dan seconded the motion, passed. If additional members want to attend the Lodge will solicit other lodges to possibly split additional tables.
- Exploring the idea of hosting one meeting at a local restaurant.
- The MTA will continue to monitor the prescription drug care bill as it moves through the Legislator.
Vice President’s Report:
- Nothing to report.
Working Fund: $5102.25
Death Fund: $2730.00
Community Fund: $3582.92
- Nothing to report
Good of the Order:
The Maryland State Police Alumni Association will be hosting its Annual Road Dawg Rumble on April 5th, 2019 at 7 PM at Martin’s West, 6817 Dogwood Road, Windsor Mill, MD. Tickets sell out fast, members who are interested are encouraged to act quickly.
Family Summer Picnic will be held on June 11th at the Potomac Fish And Game Club Pavilion at 5 PM. Families are encouraged to attend.
The annual River Meeting will be held July 30th at the Bittinger Property at the Potomac Fish & Game club. This is a member and associate member only event.
The Bi-annual Maryland State Trooper’s Association Ocean City Convention will be held Oct 3rd through the 6th. Members are encouraged to attend, prices for rooms will be forthcoming.
The motion was made by President Baker to adjourn, second by D. Seiler. The meeting was adjourned at 6:45 pm.
Next MTA Lodge 88 Meeting: The next meeting will be held on March 12th at 1800 Hrs.
Respectfully submitted by President G. Baker