April 2017 MTA 88 Meeting Notes
In attendance: (7) President B. Blubaugh, Vice President Talbert, Secretary S. Cain, D. Seiler, A. Swope, C. West, and S. Lapinski
This meeting was held at the Hagerstown Barrack and was called to order by President Blubaugh at 5:50 pm.
Are you an MTA lodge 88 member and have an event, product or service to advertise? You can advertise on this site and it's FREE! Contact Contact us for more details »
- The following was reported at the Executive Board Meeting:
- Governor Hogan was able to persuade the Legislature to pass a limited version of the Hometown Heroes Bill. The bill allows retired first responders 55 years old or older to exempt the first $15,000 of retirement income from state taxes.
- The MSP Softball Tournament will be held at Pine Cliff Park in Frederick, MD on August 2nd and 3rd.
- All Scholarship Applications are in and will soon be sent to the Lodges for evaluation.
- The Associate Membership Committee presented an initial report of possible fees and benefits for future Associate Members. These ideas are still under consideration.
- Will be open to civilians and Allied Law Enforcement Officers
- Must be sponsored by either a Lodge 88 member or an Associate Member who is in good standing
- Must pass a background check and be voted in by members of Lodge 88
- Fees will possibly be $60 for individual and $100 for business
- Members will receive an ID Card and vehicle decal.
- Members will be allowed to attend MTA social functions
Motion to consider current recommendations made by D. Seiler, seconded by A. Swope. The motion passed unanimously.
- The Lodge 88 Picnic will be held on July 11, 2017, at 4:00 pm. The Black Rock lower pavilion will be reserved. As in the past, please let April know if you are coming and what side dish or dessert you will be bringing.
- The Road Dog Rumble will be held at Martin’s West on May 5th from 7 pm – 11 pm. The event will benefit the MSP Museum and the Alumni Association. If you have not paid Lodge 88 for your seat, please do so ASAP.
Vice President’s Report:
- Nothing to report.
No Treasurer’s Report this month as C. Steffy was unable to attend. The meal expenses for the meeting were $46.60 at AC & T.
- Nothing to report
Good of the Order:
- A. Swope inquired if the MSP had any stance on the Maryland Legislature discussing the legalization of Marijuana growing operations. There has been no formal statement from the Colonel.
A motion was made by D. Seiler to adjourn, seconded by B. Talbert. The meeting was adjourned at 6:24 pm.
Next MTA Lodge 88 Meeting: The next meeting will be held at the Hagerstown Barrack on May 9th, 2017 at 5:30 pm.
Respectfully submitted by Secretary S. Cain