March 2017 Lodge 88 Meeting Minutes
Attendance: (8) President B. Blubaugh, D. Seiler, A. Swope, C. West, E. Burke and Ed Schloterbeck
This meeting, held at the Hagerstown Barrack, was called to order by President Blubaugh at 5:56pm.
Are you an MTA lodge 88 member and have an event, product or service to advertise? You can advertise on this site and it's FREE! Contact Contact us for more details »
• The LEOSA firearms dates have been sent out to retirees.
• The Lodge 88 Associate Member committee proposed several additions to the By-Laws at the February meeting for a vote in March. At the March 16th meeting the new by-law changes were voted on and passed. The committee will now move forward with establishing the rules and regulations of associates.
• The Lodge 88 summer picnic was discussed and set for July 11th at 1600hrs. The picnic will be held at the Black Rock County Park on Mount Aetna Rd. Please contact April at Hagerstown Bk to advise her on the number of people you will have to attend. If everyone would like to bring a covered dish or dessert that would be appreciated. Everything else will be provided.
• Dan Seiler made a motion that we purchase a table at the Road Dawg Rumble for members to attend at half the cost. The motion was voted on and a table will be purchased. Each person attending will have to pay $35 at the April meeting.
• Fundraising was again discussed with a focus on Associate Memberships for civilians. The Lodge 88 bi-laws may have to be changed to add a classification for civilian associate members. A committee must be formed to review the by-laws. A motion was made by D. Seiler and seconded by A. Swope to form a separate committee to decide what benefits Associate Members would receive if the Lodge 88 website will be automated for associate members to join online and to decide who would be allowed to apply. The motion passed unanimously.
Vice President’s Report:
• Nothing to report.
No Treasurer’s Report this month as C. Steffy was unable to attend. The meal expenses for the meeting were $58.83 at AC&T.
• Nothing to report
Good of the Order:
• Nothing to report
Motion was made by D. Seiler to adjourn, The meeting was adjourned at 6:25 pm.
Next MTA Lodge 88 Meeting: The next meeting will be held at the Hagerstown Barrack on April, 11th, 2017 at 5:30pm.