MTa 88 Meeting Minutes January 2016
M.T.A. Lodge 88 MinutesJanuary 12th, 2016
Barrack “O” Hagerstown, MD
In attendance: (7) President B. Blubaugh, Vice President W. Talbert, Secretary S. Cain, E. Burke, C. West, D. Seiler, A. Swope, E. Schlotterbeck, and R. Shaffer
Are you an MTA lodge 88 member and have an event, product or service to advertise? You can advertise on this site and it's FREE! Contact Contact us for more details »
This meeting, held at the Hagerstown Barrack, was called to order by President Blubaugh at 6:00 pm.
- Congratulations to all the newly promoted troopers, including Cpl Steffy to Sergeant. Hagerstown Barrack had four promotions within its ranks:
- To Sergeant: Cpl Brown, Cpl Shaffer and Cpl Ward
- To Corporal: S/Trooper Cain
- The MTA Executive Board met with Governor Hogan on December 17th, 2015. They presented the Governor with a Trooper statue in recognition of his support of the Maryland State Police. The Governor was very surprised and appreciative of the gesture and said that he would continue to support the MSP as well as all Maryland law enforcement throughout his term.
- Part of the MSP budget will include a step increase in April and 4 more over the next 3 years, as well as cost of living adjustments
- Scholarship applications are now available. Contact Sherry at the MTA office to receive the packet. The deadline in March 31st and they must be sent back by certified mail. There are numerous scholarships this year so don’t miss the opportunity. Applications should be returned to the MTA office as quickly as possible as they will be checked for completeness and accuracy. Applications with mistakes can be resubmitted but it must be by the March 31st deadline.
- The NTC picnic will be held on September 22, 2016. As mentioned before, anyone interested in volunteering should contact President Blubaugh. The NTC is giving $5000 to the hosting State. Anyone with ideas of activities for the picnic, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mission BBQ will be catering. Ticket prices have not yet been decided, but will most likely cost around $75.00
Vice President’s Report:
- Nothing to report.
Sergeant Steffy was unable to attend the meeting. Two requests were made for funds:
TFC Deaner requested the following from the K-9 account: $499.95 for a kennel installed in a covert van and $549.98 for E-Collars. Motion was made by D.Seiler and seconded by E. Burke for approval, none opposed.
S/Tpr Talbert made a request that the MTA purchase training guns and other equipment so that he can conduct additional ALERT training regionally. $200.00 will cover the equipment. Motion was made by E. Burke and seconded by D. Seiler, none opposed.
Meal for meeting: $62.73
- Nothing to report
Good of the Order:
- A. Swope asked about the Hometown Hero’s Bill. This Bill was proposed by the Governor last year to eliminate Maryland Income Tax for Military Service members, Fire Fighters and Police Officers. The Executive Board will be meeting with the Governor regarding legislative issues and will follow up on this Bill.
Motion was made by S. Cain to adjourn, seconded by R. Shaffer. The meeting was adjourned at 6:24 pm.
Next MTA Lodge 88 Meeting: The next meeting will be held at the Hagerstown Barrack on February 9th at 5:30pm.
Respectfully submitted by Secretary S. Cain