MTA 88 September Meeting Minutes
M.T.A. Lodge 88 MinutesSeptember 8th, 2015
Barrack “O” Hagerstown, MD
In attendance: (5) President B. Blubaugh, Cpl Ryan Shaffer, A. Swope, C. West, Dan Seiler This meeting, held at the Hagerstown Barrack, was called to order by President Blubaugh at 5:57 pm.
Are you an MTA lodge 88 member and have an event, product or service to advertise? You can advertise on this site and it's FREE! Contact Contact us for more details »
- Please start making your plans now for the MTA Convention, September 30th – October 4th at The Grand Hotel in Ocean City. Members are reminded that they will receive a $15.00 credit toward the convention for each monthly meeting they attend.
- Lt Fluharty took it on his own initiative and added all the additional bricks to the Memorial Garden behind the Barrack. A huge thank you to him and a congratulations on his new promotion to Captain effective 9/16/15.
- A suggestion was made by the main MTA to help support the 6 Baltimore City officers who are involved in the Freddie Gray incident. Dan Seiler made a motion with a second from Al Swope to give a $100 donation to these officers FOP to assist with personal family needs.
- $100 was also given to the MD Troopers Foundation for the annual Golf Tournament in Ocean City. This money helps support future Scholarships to members and family.
- The NTC Picnic Committee is looking for volunteers to help with all facets of the 2016 Picnic which we are planning to host at Sandy Point State Park in Annapolis, MD.
Vice President’s Report:
- The Vice President did not attend.
- The Treasurer was unable to attend the meeting. Meeting expenses for tonight’s meeting was $42.40 Pizza Hut and $16.02 Family Dollar.
- Totals- General Checking $6,587.42
- Community Fund $3,530.00
- Death Relief fund $ 5,695.00
- Did not attend.
Good of the Order:
Vice President Scott Miller has resigned his position affective 9/8/15. In his place, Senior Trooper Bill Talbert has accepted the position and is now the new Vice President. Motion was made by Dan Seiler to adjourn, seconded by Ryan Shaffer. The meeting was adjourned at 6:30 pm.
Next MTA Lodge 88 Meeting: The next meeting will be October 13, 2015 at Hagerstown Barrack
Respectfully submitted by President Blubaugh