Meeting Minutes July 2015
M.T.A. Lodge 88 MinutesJuly 14th, 2015
Barrack “O” Hagerstown, MD
In attendance: (7) President B. Blubaugh, Secretary S. Cain, A. Swope, C. West, E. Burke, E. Schlotterbeck, and D. Bittinger
Are you an MTA lodge 88 member and have an event, product or service to advertise? You can advertise on this site and it's FREE! Contact Contact us for more details »
This meeting, held at the Hagerstown Barrack, was called to order by President Blubaugh at 6:01 pm.
- Please start making your plans now for the MTA Convention, September 30th – October 4th at The Grand Hotel in Ocean City. Members are reminded that they will receive a $15.00 credit toward the convention for each monthly meeting they attend.
- There was a good showing of guests at the Lodge 88 picnic. A. Swope thanked President Blubaugh for all of the work that he and his wife do to make the day a success.
- Next month’s meeting will be at the river. D. Bittinger asked that everyone sign up as soon as possible so that he can get an accurate count to order the steaks. Food will be available starting at 12:00pm, with the steaks going on the grill at 3:00pm.
- President Blubaugh attended the Executive Board Meeting in Pikesville. Col. Pallozzi was in attendance as well and provided the following information:
- Two Academy classes have been approved. Each will have approximately 50 Candidates. One will start in October and the second in April.
- $7 Million has been budgeted over the next 3 years for vehicle purchases. Col. Pallozzi stated that he would like to purchase all Ford Explorers. Fifty Explorers have already been purchased. They are less expensive than the Caprice and are all wheel drive. The Department of Budget and Management must approve any vehicle purchases.
- He is aware of the dire need for K9 vehicles and is trying to come up with ideas to replace them quickly. They are considering switching out some of the Tahoes and Expeditions either from CVED or the Barracks with Explorers and give those full size SUVs to K9 division.
- The MTA attorneys attended the meeting as well and stated that they are seeing an increase in the number of troopers charged with falsifying the Form 31. They asked that troopers be reminded to be accurate and honest when filling out this particular document.
- The MTA Scholarships winners were announced. From Lodge 88 the winners were 1/Sgt Brian Smith and Darren Bittinger (son of retired trooper D. Bittinger). Congratulations to all winners.
Vice President’s Report:
- The Vice President did not attend.
- The Treasurer was unable to attend the meeting.
- Nothing to report
Good of the Order:
- E. Burke reported that the Children’s Village Golf Tournament was very nice. The food was impressive and the tournament was well organized. He thanked the Lodge for its support.
Motion was made by E. Burke to adjourn, seconded by D. Bittinger. The meeting was adjourned at 6:10 pm.
Next MTA Lodge 88 Meeting: The next meeting will be August 11th, 2015 at 4:00pm at the Bittinger’s river camp.
Respectfully submitted by Secretary S. Cain