Meeting Minutes 2-11-14
M.T.A. Lodge 88 MinutesFebruary 12th, 2014
Barrack “O” Hagerstown, MD
In attendance: (10) President B. Blubaugh, Treasurer C. Steffy, Secretary S. Cain, A. Thomas, D. Seiler, A. Swope, C. West, E. Burke, K. Lewis, R. Roberts
This meeting, held at the Hagerstown Barrack, was called to order by President Blubaugh at 6: 03p.m.
Danny Seiler offers polygraph tests in Maryland. Go to dannyseiler.com for more details »
The Hagerstown PCS, Ms Bennett, had asked about the possibility of the MTA purchasing a television for the dispatch area. President Blubaugh contacted the management at Walmart for a donation. The procedure now for donations is: a donation request form is filled out and then all requests are voted on at the end of the month. President Blubaugh filled out the form, but due to the length of time it would take to process, he decided to purchase the TV and if the donation is approved, the donated television would be raffled off.
President Blubaugh was unable to attend the Executive Board meeting; however the meeting was very short with no discussion of issues. The Board members instead attended the memorial service of a retired trooper.
R. Roberts attended the meeting to bring forth issues/questions that troopers at Frederick Barrack had in reference to the minutes from last month’s meeting. In particular there were questions about step increases, the fitness test and MVA overtime. As far as contractual questions, D. Seiler suggested that a member of the SLEOLA executive board could possibly attend a Lodge 88 meeting to explain the pay increases and answer questions about longevity steps.
- A brief discussion was held regarding the summer pic-nic. Last year’s location of Black Rock Park seemed to work well. The pavilion was large enough and there was plenty of room for older children to play as well as several play areas that accommodated children of all ages. The price for the rental was also very reasonable. Further discussion will be held at the next meeting.
President Blubaugh asked that anyone with new ideas for bringing in money to the Lodge, please contact him. Some ideas are: Electronics raffle, 50/50 raffle open to everyone, or dinner/visa gift card raffle.
Discussion was held on lowering the donation following a death to $25.00 (this would be donations to Hospice or the Cancer Society for example) to match the price of a fruit basket. This seemed reasonable to all attending but it was also added that in an unusual circumstance discussion could be held to raise the donation to another appropriate amount. Motion was made by D. Seiler, seconded by S. Cain and passed unanimously.
- A. Thomas presented a list of expenditures requested from the K-9 account. The items were for replacement equipment that was worn out or damaged. The total was $451.00. There was also a list of new equipment that totaled $342.35. E. Burke made a motion to accept the payments, seconded by D. Seiler and passed unanimously.
Vice President’s Report:
- The Vice President was unable to attend the meeting
- Subway for meeting meal: $55.08
Checking Account: $7960.19
Death Relief: $6445.00
Community Fund: $3550.00
K-9 Fund: $4441.76
- Nothing to report
Good of the Order:
- A. Swope thanked 1/Sgt Lewis for keeping the retirees up to date on important events, shooting dates and other information useful to them.
Motion was made by D. Seiler, seconded by C. West and passed unanimously to adjourn meeting at 7:04pm.
Next MTA Lodge 88 Meeting: Tuesday, March 11, 2013 at 5:30pm.
Respectfully submitted by Secretary S. Cain